The Parliamentary Work Assistant fulfils a supranational function within the EPP Group Secretariat and carries out, under the responsibility of the administrator, the following functions and duties:
• Providing administrative assistance for the Director/Head of Unit/Administrator(s) of the sector concerned;
• Assisting the Director/Head of Unit/Administrator(s) in particular as regards following-up the work of committees, drawing up minutes and voting lists, contacts with other political groups and the EP administration;
• Assisting, in coordination with the Administrator, the Members in the carrying out of their functions;
• Preparing meetings, seminars, conferences, etc.;
• Translating notes, reports, briefings and other documents;
• Elaborating statistics, including graphs, on the activities of the Directorate/Unit as needed;
• Providing backup and additional assistance in their field of expertise where needed.